2010-10-12

Miss

There you have it again. Every now and then a photo which technically is a failure ends up as one that I like because it manages to capture something the "correct" ones don't. This also happens to me with other photographer's pictures and I guess they feel the same because otherwise they wouldn't have published their "misses" in the first place. At the Fotobuchtage 2010 here in Hamburg I had the chance to ask Paolo Pellegrin how he deals with this and my understanding is that his views are the same: if a photo "feels" right then take it, no matter how blurry, skewed, underexposed, or grainy it might be.

As one might have guessed, you can't really fake this. You can of course go out and deliberately use wrong shutter speeds or aim your lens into the wrong direction - but that alone doesn't make a good shot.

No comments: