2010-02-19

What's this?

One of the good things that came out of this blog so far is that photographer Olaf Langmack from Berlin somehow discovered it and we're now having a very entertaining and inspiring discussion about various topics related to photography. Amongst other things, this reminded me that the blog is a means to examine my own development (no pun intended) and to retroactively look at what I've been shooting and why.

For example, is this something I would have photographed a few years ago? Likely not. And likewise, there are several old pictures here already that I wouldn't have selected had I done the blog a decade earlier.

What I'm still working on is to put this into words or to at least clarify it for myself. This one is an objet trouvé again, and I did shoot these more than a decade ago already, but - I think - in a different style.

Anyway, enough said for today. If you can figure out what I photographed here, send me an email or post a comment.

Hamburg, February 1, 2010 - M7, 35mm, Tri-X, Diafine, slightly cropped.

No comments: